04 Mar FAQ: Damn Good Hair Vitamin
It’s never been just haircuts for us. We’re constantly educating our clients to make sure that they have the best hair they can. It’s not just about giving great haircuts, it’s a hair culture.
It’s true – genetics do play a huge part in your hair. But! Let’s not forget about diet and lifestyle. Vitamins and nutrients play a huge role not only in your overall health – but also your hair! It takes no time at all to take a vitamin, especially one that tastes like candy!
Here is a list of some frequently asked questions about our Damn Good Hair Vitamin. Have more questions? Call us or DM us @fleischmansalon
WHY DO I NEED A HAIR VITAMIN: I can’t even begin to explain how many guys sit in our chairs and are uncomfortable about their hair situation. Maybe their hairline is receding or the top is thinning a bit. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but why not help it? As for you guys saying “I have too much hair” or “my hair grows in super fast” – how manageable is your hair? Is it frizzy? Is it dry and lacking shine? Everyone can benefit from proper vitamin supplementation.
WHATS IN IT?: our DAMN GOOD hair gummy has vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, B12 and BIOTIN and FOLIC ACID.
- Vitamin A- vitamin A is vital for overall good health but also promotes healthy hair growth. It prevents wilting of follicles and scalp dryness. This prevents thinning because a consistently moisturized scalp gives you more nourished hair.
- Vitamin B6 + B12- Vitamins B6 and B12 are both needed for key things in our bodies. Balancing blood sugar levels, transmitting signals in the nervous system and the creation of red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the hair follicles in which helps promote hair growth.
- Vitamin C & E- Vitamin C is an antioxidant which helps absorb iron (an important mineral needed for hair growth.) Vitamin C also creates a protein called Collagen. Collagen is an important part of hair structure.
- Vitamin D- It is unclear exactly what vitamin D does for our hair. But a vitamin D deficiency is linked to hair loss.
- Vitamin E- like vitamin C – vitamin E is an antioxidant and helps protect our body’s cells. Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin, that includes your scalp. Scalp health plays a huge role in hair growth. Vitamin E protects the scalp by protecting its lipid layer. This allows for your scalp to remain hydrated and your hair shiny.
- Biotin- Biotin is one of the B vitamins, known as B7. Biotin is water soluble (which means your body doesn’t store it) and is important to turn nutrients into energy and plays an important role in the health of your HAIR, skin and nails.
- Folic acid- folic acid (folate) is essential for the human body. It is a water soluble vitamin and a deficiency in folic acid can lead to serious health problems including unmanageable hair loss. Folic acid allows cells to function properly and speeds up cell division – which helps boost hair growth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS: a vitamin/nutrient deficiency is what causes thinning/brittle hair. This vitamin doesn’t grow back any hair lost, but it keeps the hair on your head healthy. It makes your hair manageable, shiny and thick.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS:There are currently no known adverse side effects of biotin when taken through normal dietary intake. But please consult your doctor before taking it if you currently take any medication or have any medical conditions.
WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE: if you ask any of our clients they’ll say heaven! They’re cherry gummy vitamins and they taste just like candy. But remember – it’s most definitely NOT candy. Only one a day!
WHERE ARE THEY MADE: our vitamin are manufactured locally in New York in a Food and Drug Administration and Good Manufacturing Process certified facility.
HOW LONG DOES A BOTTLE LAST: one bottle is a two month supply
CAN WOMEN TAKE THEM TOO: Yes! Our stylists have been taking them once a day and have been seeing results!
CAN I BUY THEM ONLINE: Yes! We also have a subscription set up so you don’t have to stress about ordering every two months!